Friday, October 20, 2017

Look No. 524: Silent All These Years But Now It's Time To Say #METOO


Hello again my lovelies!

Before I get to what I'm featuring in this post, I'd like to bring up a somewhat difficult subject. Today, on Facebook, I read a very disturbing post. Since it was revealed that Harvey Weinstein had sexually harassing women. Scores of famous actresses have started to come out and speak about their sexual harassment by Mr. Weinstein. Then within the last week, I started seeing several of my female friends posting this:


#MeToo
If all the women who have been sexually harassed or assaulted wrote "Me too." as a status, we might give people a sense of the magnitude of the problem.



Well, in my early 20s (I'm 41 now), when I was in college, I was sexually harassed myself by a man who I considered one of my best friends. I was devastated and no one believed me except for my family. It took an emotional breakdown and years and years of therapy to heal from it. So naturally I joined in and posted the "#MeToo" post.

Well,  I don't know what transpired but apparently, one of my friends made the same post and was blasted for it and called an attention whore for using the hashtag. To sum up her response to that criticism is that now that the sexual harassment of women is being taken seriously, it's time for the everyday women who have experienced sexual harassment to step out of the shadows and stand up behind all these famous women and bring this subject to the forefront and not let it sit back in the shadows like it has been for all these years. Most importantly, the hashtag is a way to let each other, and those who are still hiding in the shadows, know that we are not alone and we shouldn't feel ashamed for having experienced a demeaning and devastating event. We need to stand up and fight and in the words of my friend, "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! #METOO".

For those of you reading this and have been sexually harassed in any way, I hope that you will not be afraid to step out of the shadows and make the above post as your post on social media to let others know that they are not alone. For those of you who have been lucky enough to never have been sexually harassed, I hope that you will encourage anyone you know who has not been so lucky to not be afraid to face it and admit it. There are millions of women out there who know what you have been through.

In this post I'm bringing you anyBODY (closes on the October 30th) exclusives from Indented and SlackGirl, eBento-The Event (closes on October 31st) exclusives from Sintiklia and Denver's Shapes. I hope you like what I have to show you.

Until next time...happy shopping!

Violette




S T Y L E  •  C R E D I T S






D R E S S

Indented | Slip Dress - Black | ANYBODY Exclusive


Designed to fit Belleza Isis & Freya, Slink Hourglass and Maitreya Lara mesh bodies • 9 single color options • A demo is available


Important INDENTED store information

Owner/Designer | Kismet Chrome









H A I R

Sintiklia | Hair Marsella - Black&White HUD | EBENTO Exclusive


7 color pack and fatpack options • Includes a style HUD with 12 style options and a tinting HUD if you want a color not available in any of the color packs


Important SINTIKLIA store information

Owner/Designer | Sintikliasims









J E W E L R Y

RealEvil Industries | Aliza Set


Where To Buy

Owner/Designer | Crashnoww










F O O T W E A R

SlackGirl | Caliope Shoes | ANYBODY Exclusive


Designed to fit Slink, Maitreya and Belleza high mesh feet • Includes a color/texture HUD with 9 shoe colors and 4 metal options


Important SLACKGIRL store information

Owner/Designer | SlackGirl









B O D Y    U S E D

Maitreya | Mesh Body Lara v4.1


Where To Buy

Owner/Designer | Onyx Leshelle










B E N T O    H E A D    U S E D

Catwa | Sofia Bento Head v3.0


Where To Buy

Owner/Creator | Catwa Clip






S H A P E    U S E D

Denver's Shapes | Stella Shape For Catwa Sofia Head | EBENTO Exclusive


Comes packed with an eyebrow shape and a copy/modify/no transfer shape

NOTE: I did not modify the head/face in anyway so you could see how the shape is supposed to look as the designer intended it to be; I did modify the body to my preferred sliders numbers


Important DENVER'S SHAPES store information
Inworld Store | Facebook | Flickr

Owner/Designer | Magissa Denver









S K I N    A P P L I E R    U S E D

Glam Affair | Kazumi Catwa Applier - Asia


Where To Buy
I'm not sure if this skin is still being sold but I recommend looking at Glam Affair's satellite store

Owner/Designer | Aida Ewing






O T H E R  •  C R E D I T S


P O S E ( S )    U S E D

*PosESioN* | Hope Set - Poses 1 & 2


Where To Buy
Inworld Store

Owner/Designer | Dahriel






P H O T O G R A P H Y    L O C A T I O N

NESTATES, Isle of Serendipity








No comments:

Post a Comment